About Marika Eliadi hospital
Marika Eliadi" maternity hospital was founded by Helena Venizelou. Upon acknowledging, in 1926, that in the entire greater capital district there were only three inadequately operating maternity hospitals with deficiencies in scientific instruments and appropriately educated staff, she decided to donate to the city of Athens a scientifically complete maternity hospital that would cover all of the capital's needs and tuition for this skilled and educated midwives for the entire country especially for the rural provinces for this. Maternity Hospital, the housing of which lasted until its latter relocation to its new facilities at the "Alexandra" Maternity Hospital in 1955. In 1955, following an additional donation by Helena Venizelou, a chapel, honouring the memory of Saints Eleftherios and Helen was raised, wherein an urn bearing the donator's heart is kept.